As one of the largest congregations in the Presbytery of Chicago, Knox is extremely proud of our youth programs. There are regularly 30 or more teens present at our Wednesday night Youth Group and our Sunday night Youth Group Bible Study.
The vision for our youth is to cultivate a community of young Christians who believe deeply that loving God, knowing Jesus, embracing the Spirit of love, compassion and forgiveness, and serving others are not just church doctrines—they are a way of life. We accomplish this through many programs and initiatives inside our walls and outside in the community.
We are now searching for either an Associate OR Director of Youth & Young Adults. We are looking for a spiritually mature leader who loves teaching the Word of God and imparting Christian morals and ethics in ways relevant to our youth. Candidates may either be an ordained pastor within the PC (USA) or partner denomination OR non-ordained with comparable training and two-to-five years’ experience in Youth Ministry.
This position reports directly to the Head of Staff and works with Staff, Session, and the Youth and Young Adult Ministries Council to plan, implement and supervise all programs, and provide spiritual guidance and counseling for Confirmation (grade 8), youth (grades 9-12), and young adults up to age 25. If the applicant is ordained, this role will include pastoral duties as directed by Head of Staff. Program areas include:
- Sept to April program during 8th grade (e.g., Sunday classes, special events, Weekend of Decision retreat, and Confirmation Sunday)
Senior High Ministries
- Wednesday and Sunday Night Youth Group
- Youth Retreats (e.g., Spring, Winter, Awakening, Trienium)
- Fellowship Activities (e.g., Lock-Ins, Fall event, Whirlyball, Dunes day trip, Broom Hockey)
- Service Activities (e.g., Hesed House; Senior (Citizen) Prom)
- Youth Leadership opportunities (e.g., Leadership Team; Lean on Me Ministry)
- Spiritual Activities (e.g., Worship participation, Testimonies)
- Baccalaureate Service
- Go and Serve Mission Trip
- Committee liaison and spiritual leader for yearly June, week-long, US trip
- Participants include youth (post-Confirmation to seniors), college age (post-sophomore), young adults, and adult volunteers
- Average attendance over 120 persons
- Bible Study; Mentoring program; Care packages; Fellowship events
Young Adult Ministry
- Bible Study; Fellowship events; International mission trip (yearly Dec/Jan)
Please submit your Statement of Faith if available
To apply for this position or for further information, please email Tom Rose, APNC Moderator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.