Southminster Presbyterian Church (SPC) is a caring community of Christians who worship, strengthen and renew faith together. We respond to God's grace by living as God's disciples and actively serving others. All are welcomed through God's grace and may find refuge and respect as we nurture and live out love for service to each other, our community and the world as we are blessed to be a blessing.
SPC seeks applicants for our Christian Education Director position.
- Serve as staff representative to Christian Education Ministry Committee, giving guidance, resources and training to further the church's education goals and objectives with ministry to children, youth and adults.
- Implement and coordinate Sunday School (Nursery through 5th grade) that enhances the weekly sermon.
- Develop and guide programs that involve children in special worship services, including but not limited to Christmas, Youth Sunday, along with special community events for Easter and advent crafts.
- Plan and supervise Vacation Bible School, typically scheduled in July in the evening.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and coordinate background checks for volunteers.
- Candidates are required to be followers of Jesus Christ and have a growing faith in God with willingness to work within the structures established by the Presbyterian Reformed theology and tradition.
- Prior experience working or participating in Christian Education.
- Musical talent and leadership for praise and worship services, preferred.
- Possess strong organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Seeking candidates that are collaborative, open to sharing ideas and effective in communication and working with all people including Southminster staff, church members, volunteers and most importantly children.
- Ability to delegate activities to ensure objectives are met.
- Applicants must consent to a background check.
Approx. 20-25 hours per week, depending on the time of year. This job requires both Sunday and occasional evening work.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Southminster Presbyterian Church
680 S. Park Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Phone: (630) 469-9149