We are seeking a pastor, preferably with experience working internationally, to provide spiritual leadership and a strong pulpit and worship presence. Commitment to biblical teaching and pastoral counselling is essential. The pastor is an energetic team worker and able to demonstrate initiative and resilience. The pastor is a Teaching Elder and a non-voting member of The Session.
The church is the home for a culturally rich and a vibrant congregation including local members and worshipers from the expatriate community. The church celebrated 100 years of Gods faithfulness in 2017 and has approximately 300 worshipers attending the two Sunday worship services. Other ministries include the Sunday School, Home Fellowship. Women’s Fellowship, Adult Christian Education, Mission & Church Outreach.
- Strong sense of God’s calling
- Ordained in a recognized Protestant tradition, preferably Presbyterian.
- Fluent in English
- Spiritual and pastoral leadership qualities. The pastor has a close personal relationship with God and prioritizes guiding the congregation towards the same goal.
- Gift for preaching and teaching. The pastor is a minister of The Word and a spiritual guide who will provide challenging opportunities for the congregation to grow in faith. We are seeking a leader with strength in delivering biblically based sermons, and actively involved in helping us to live out our faith in our everyday lives.
- Conduct of Worship. The pastor is responsible for the conduct of worship, teaching, and preaching The Word, administering the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion, weddings, funerals, infant and adult baptisms, as provided for in The Book of Order of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church.
- Skills to lead a multi-cultural congregation. The pastor is responsible for leading the congregation to fulfill the goals laid out in the Vision and Mission statement (see below).
- The pastor must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be a team player with the ability to build bridges between groups with diverging views with an emphasis on inclusiveness.
- Pastoral Care. The pastor should have an understanding of the different needs of the groups within the Church and be able to shepherd them.
- To connect and grow our congregation of young adults.
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience as a full time Pastor.
- Excellent references.
- Preferably married.
- Sensitive to local laws and cultures.
Those interested should visit www.standrewschurch.org.my/psc to download the “Opportunity Profile” & complete the “Questionnaire for Applicants” which can also be downloaded from the same link. The completed “Questionnaire for Applicants” document together with your “Statement of Faith” & “Curriculum Vitae” should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is April 30, 2018.
Mission: Make, nurture and equip disciples of Jesus Christ from the International, English speaking people in Kuala Lumpur.
Vision: To become a biblically grounded, Christian centered community, united in love and using our gifts for the building up of the Church in Kuala Lumpur and throughout the world.