Community Renewal Society is a 135 year-old faith-based organization that informs and brings people of faith and congregations together, in partnership with communities, coalitions, interfaith organizations, and civic leaders, to intentionally and decisively transform society toward greater social justice at the intersection of racism and poverty.
The Social Media Assistant will work closely with Director of Development and Communications and the Web and Data Specialists to create engaging content for the organization’s social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences. Create special event and action campaign flyers, brochures, and invitations, as well as other development and resource materials as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage organization social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant platforms.
- Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms.
- Create dynamic written, graphic and video content
- Create content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation.
- Assists with social media management with large projects, events and community management.
- Work as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns, e.g. Giving Tuesday, legislative campaigns.
- Analyzes and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects.
- Distribute e-newsletters and other e-blasts to constituents.
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits.
- Share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action;
- Attend special events and campaign actions to provide live social media presence;
- Coordinate photography for events, activities, etc. for future use in publications, media, etc.
Motivated by social justice issues
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Social Media Degree Preferred.
Two years’ experience as social media assistant
One year experience in graphic design
Technology Skills: Hootsuite, Microsoft Publishing, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Self-motivated and dynamic interpersonal skills
Must be able to speak
Basic mathematical skills required.
Work may require walking or standing to a significant degree
Work environment includes occasional exposure to weather. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This a part-time hourly position 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., working twenty hours a week. Any hours worked beyond 20 hours within a work day must be approved in advanced by the Director of Development and Communications.
Some travel on weekday and evenings.