This call is eligible for anyone seeking a first call to someone with up to 5 years experience. This call will include a housing allowance.
As our mission statement reads, Trinity feels called to be the “hands and feet of Jesus Christ.” We do this in a myriad of ways, by offering our hands and feet to the service of others, by caring for those in our midst, and by showing love and respect for our neighbors. Our church has recently moved towards a model of mission that calls us to go “narrow and deep.” We identified three areas - Hunger, Homelessness and Education - in which our church can dig deeply into mission, calling ourselves to deeper service and reflection on the needs of others and the need in our lives to make changes to support one another. In these three areas we have selected “key partners” with whom we work closely throughout the year. It is through this engagement with our key partners that we strive to meet the emerging and evolving needs of our community and, along the way, to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our neighbors and one another.
This position will be intentionally focused on working with connected ministry teams in both the execution of the existing 2020 Vision, but also in the development of forward-looking vision plans as they are developed in the next year or two. Said another way, this position will help shape a future vision for Trinity by working within the existing structure of Trinity’s organization/administration but also adding guidance and knowledge from prior experiences, work, and contacts.
Engagement focuses on a deeper connection of the congregation to God, church family, and neighbor. Through strong preaching of God’s word, congregational fellowship, and involvement with our neighbors, our intentional efforts will result in spiritual growth, deeper relationships with each other, and more active engagement in our community.
Mission focuses on Trinity’s current path with our key partners. It will also involve identifying,
evaluating, and creating new opportunities in the spirit of Trinity’s missional focus.
This minister must actively engage in the emerging needs of the church in myriad ways. With an indwelling spiritual maturity, a candidate should be able to communicate God’s love through preaching and worship, eliciting a deeper and more loving response to God, to each other, and to our neighbors. This minister should have a technical savviness that will enhance the methods used to creatively communicate a love of God in the world. With a high level of hopefulness in the message of Jesus Christ, this minister can initiate ways for this deeply committed body of Christ to work for good. With a true missional sense, this minister must be a compassionate leader as we reach out to serve “the least, the lost, and the otherwise left out” of this world. This sense of mission will further the collaborative efforts at Trinity to build bridges in our community, partnering with key organizations as we try to be the hands and feet of Christ.
In addition to weekly worship leadership and preaching 12-14 times a year, as well as overall pastoral care with the Senior Minister, this person will be responsible for two primary areas of ministry:
- Equips the congregation to intentionally foster deep connections and relationships with each other.
- Provides staff support, resources and input to the Congregational Life and Welcoming Ministry Teams.
- With Congregational Life, maintain current ministries and programs (and create new ones as needed) that connect people to their church family (fellowship opportunities, annual church retreat, etc).
- With Welcoming, maintain current ministries and programs (and create new ones as needed) that connect non-Trinity members to the church family, including but not limited to New Member classes/New Member Sundays.
- Strengthens the culture of Mission and interpersonal connection at Trinity Presbyterian Church.
- Provides Staff support, resources and input to the Missions Ministry Team.
- Initiates new and innovating ways for the congregation to engage the Charlotte community.
- Nurtures professional relationships with key partner organizations.
- Creates educational opportunities and provides resources for the congregation regarding mission.