Direct the Chancel Choir in rehearsal and worship services and provide spiritual leadership and fellowship within the choir. Coordinate weekly worship service music with organist, Bell Choir Director, and Praise Team Director. Serve as member of the CPC Worship Committee.
- Direct the Chancel Choir at the 8:30am Sunday service and lead weekly rehearsals (7 – 8:30 p.m.) from the first week of September through the end of May. Choir generally sings 3 of 4 Sundays per month. Choir occasionally sings at both services. Performance and celebration with special music selections are encouraged periodically (e.g. Christmas and Easter). Arrange instrumentalists as needed for some choir presentations consistent with budget resources.
- Select all choir anthems for use in the worship services in consultation with the Pastor and provide music to accompanist/organist in advance of the rehearsals. In a timely manner, provide the CPC administrative assistant with selection information for inclusion in the weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter.
- Coordinate with other music groups, instrumentalists, etc. as needed for participation in worship services.
- Work with the Worship Committee, Senior Pastor, audio/visual and other staff and committees in planning and conducting weekly and special worship services.
- Recruit new choir members.
- Oversee and maintain the CPC music library, adhere to copyright laws, purchase music and supplies for the Choir within budget constraints.
: 5-6 hours per week on average.
To express your interest, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com