Community Presbyterian Church Lombard (DuPage County) Illinois
Immediate Opening Choir Director
We have a small but enthusiastic group of Choir members. We are looking to enrich and expand our musical team. The Director of the Choir leads the Choir in rehearsal and worship services and provides spiritual leadership and fellowship within the choir. The Director will coordinate weekly worship service music with one or more of the following: Pastor, Pianist, Organist, Bell Choir Director, and Praise Band Director. The Director serves as member of the CPC Worship Committee. Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Position usually covers the first week of September through the end of May. Choir generally sings 3 of 4 Sundays per month. Choir occasionally sings at both services.
- Performance and celebration with special music selections are encouraged periodically (e.g. Christmas and Easter). Arrange instrumentalists as needed for some choir presentations consistent with budget resources.
- Select all choir anthems for use in the worship services in consultation with the Pastor and provide music to accompanist / organist in advance of the rehearsals. Provide the CPC administrative assistant with selection information for inclusion in the weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter.
- Coordinate with other music groups, instrumentalists, etc. as needed for participation in worship services. Work with the Worship Committee, Senior Pastor, audio / visual and other staff and committees in planning and conducting weekly and special worship services.
- Oversee and maintain the CPC music library, adhere to copyright laws, purchase music and supplies for the Choir within budget constraints.
- Currently 5-6 Hours per week on average.
- Send resumes or questions to