Greater Bethesda Missionary Baptist Church (Bethesda) is more than a place. Bethesda is more than a building. Bethesda is ministry – we are touching people, impacting our community, and transforming lives. We have a long-standing history serving the Washington Park community.
We are located near the I-94 Expressway and five to ten minutes from the Hyde Park area.
We have a friendly and relaxed environment and seek an individual to join our administrative operations. This position is part-time and allows a flexible schedule.
Executive Assistant to the Pastor
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide professional, high level administrative support and operations management for the Senior Pastor and Bethesda; Additionally, the EA will serve as a helpful, caring liaison on behalf of the Senior Pastor, and will assist with the implementation and coordination of ministries, programs, and services involving Bethesda. Lastly, the EA will serve as the secretary for the Senior Pastor.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Manages the activities of the Senior Pastor, including but not limited to: scheduling meetings and events; managing travel arrangements and preparation for speaking engagements
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the Senior Pastor’s schedule is followed and respected
• Receives, prioritizes, and directs telephone calls and emails to the Senior Pastor
Prepare documentation and provide secretarial duties needed for meetings and appointments
• Represents the Senior Pastor in various meetings as needed
• Oversee the preparation of mailings, maintains filing/organizational systems, databases, etc. for the Senior Pastor and receive and file copies of all pertinent mail addressed to GBMBC and/or the Senior Pastor
• Manages a variety of special projects for the Senior Pastor
• Serves as lead administrative contact person for significant life events and maintains the church calendar
• Runs errands for the Senior Pastor, as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
A growing Christian faith and character
• At least 2 years Executive level or 3 years of Administrative Assistant experience preferred.
• Minimum Associates Degree
• Working knowledge of standard office equipment, including copiers, phones, calculators, and fax machines.
• Demonstrated strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs including Microsoft or Office suites, database systems and use of the internet.
Empathetic, caring telephone skills
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Interested Applicants should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org