This coordinator position would oversee opportunities for Christian formation relating to children, youth, parents, and families. The candidate should have knowledge of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and its history, traditions, and liturgies. Some of the duties might include:
- Attending Faith Development Ministry Meetings once a month
- Assisting in Sunday morning activities as needed
- Recruiting, training and supporting volunteers for faith development programs
- Planning and coordinating intergenerational events such as the kickoff to church school
- Planning events for kids ages K – 6th grade, which could include Summer VBS
- Assisting in the coordination of the Church School program
- Helping in planning activities for youth 7th – 12th grade
- Coordinating and scheduling kids to help in worship 3rd – 12th grades
- Planning programs/events for parents of school age children
- Communicating and marketing youth programs to the congregation and community, using technology and social media, flyers, phone calls, etc.
- Organizing supplies and kids’ areas when needed.
- Ordering supplies or seeking donations as needed
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week which includes office hours one day a week of 4-5 hours
- $10,000 ($200 per week for 52 weeks/2 weeks unpaid vacation time) employed for one year, beginning in August 15, 2019.