Position: Part- Time Youth and Children’s Ministry Worker
Hours: 12 hours per week average with flexibility as negotiated. Weekly hours to be reported to the pastor.
Purpose: To minister to the youth and children of our church and community together with the Education committee and church volunteers, developing the program to meet the spiritual, social and emotional needs of the youth and children and reaching out to the community
- having a heart for children and youth and concern for their spiritual development
- modeling Christian values and Christ-like behavior
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proven experience in working both independently and with a team
- The ability to work with children and youth with music is desirable
Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to:
- establishing meaningful relationships with youth, children, and their families by investing in their lives such as attending their extracurricular activities and being present (as allowed) in their schools
- With education, determine curriculum, teachers and activities for Sunday school
- Plan and implement weekly youth activities during the school year (in collaboration with other churches for at least one activity per month), including Bible Study, community service, fellowship and fun.
- Recruit leaders, plan and implement programming including Vacation Bible School that will engage our families and our neighborhood
- Recruit and build teams with additional adults to keep Safe Sanctuaries policies for events with children and youth.
- Plan, prepare and recruit for special activities for children and families in coordination with the Education committee and the pastor
- Provide hands-on opportunities for service projects and mission trips for children and youth to learn how to live out their faith in helping meet the needs of others
- Be a face in the community representing the church and our commitments to youth, children and social justice
- Work with the pastor to develop and lead a Confirmation program that includes Faith Experiences, Worship experiences, instruction and Community Service as well as varieties of experience within the congregation
- Plan, implement (and attend, as practical) summer events for youth and children
- Recruit, trains, schedule and supervise acolytes and youth readers
- Provide resources and recruit leaders for adult education in conjunction with the education committee as needed
- Create and monitor expenditures in the church budget related to education and youth and children’s ministry
- Recruit and train leaders for Sunday school and children’s church, filling in as needed
- Work with the pastor as a part of a team, attend staff meetings, and sharing in committees and work groups as requested by the pastor
- Share monthly reports with SPRC and in monthly meetings with pastor on ministry objectives
Accountability: Pastor, Education and Staff-Parish Relations Committee
Please send letter of application and resume with contact information to email@example.com.